Sunday, 10 February 2013

You're Sew Sweet

Hi to all my lovely new followers!
Its great to have you follow my little blog & you really are 'sew' sweet!! :)
 
I have another digi for you today & another chance to win a freebie!
 
I was making a card for my sister who has just taken up sewing and is loving all things to do with needlecraft so I decided to make her a sewing themed card.
 
I wanted to keep the card simple as that suits her style too. This is what I came up with...


 
I'm actually rubbish with a sewing machine & only have a mini one for crafting. I quite like the random sewing around the page though as it add the the handmade look. That's my excuse anyway! haha :)
While I was making it I thought it would make a great Mother's Day card too so I thought I'd give it a go!
 
 
I printed my digi onto Kraft Card first alone with the sentiment. I then cut this out & mounted on a 6x6 card blank. 


To get my patterned sewing machine & matching bobbins I used my DrawPlus programme from Serif. As the digis are PNG files you can take them into your software programmes & lay them on top of patterned papers. These papers are from the EchoPark Sweet Day digital collection.
I copied the paper into Drawplus & then laid my image on the top.
 
 
Once printed I was able to cut out the bits I wanted and use silicone glue to give my image dimension.
 
 
 
Inside each card I added extra papers, stitched around the edges & then further embellishments in the way of bobbins wrapped in twine.



 
This is the digi set of 'You're Sew Sweet' that goes on sale in  my shop today. It includes 3 sizes of bobbin, sentiment as well as the vintage sewing machine.


 
As a thank you to my new followers I would like to offer you all the opportunity to win this set! All you need to do is comment below. Feel free to share this post with your friends & followers, they just need to follow & comment to join in. I will be running the same competition on Instagram & will draw a winner from each. You can enter both, just remember to leave a comment on each. :)
I'll make the draw tomorrow evening.
 
Good Luck xx

2 comments:

  1. what a fun set and card you have made! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and loving the digis. Great for crafty friends and family.

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...