Sunday, 24 March 2013

Easter Blog Party Time!!

Hi everyone & welcome if you are a first time visitor to Time For Tea! I'm so glad you have joined me & I hope you are enjoying the Easter Blog Party!
 
Time For Tea Designs is my crafty space for sharing my digital stamps with the world & I really hope you become a follower to be the first to find out about new releases, inspiration & exclusive freebies & giveaways!!
 
Here is the card I am sharing today along with some surprise freebies so please do stick around :)


This is 'Easter Chick' digi stamp & she is available here in my Etsy shop. She is perfect for Spring & Easter & if you love colouring she's loads of fun.
Here's a short step by step showing how I put her together.
 
Step 1
Preparing my base card.

 
Using a Kraft Card 6x6 card blank I layered up my patterned papers at a 'jaunty' angle & matted on Bazill cardstock. As my Doily wasn't quite big enough I cut it in half so that the edges will poke out the side of my main image.
 
Step 2
Colouring my image
 
 
 I coloured my image using a combination of different alcohol markers. I love Copics for skin tones & Promarkers for clothing. I used Flexmarkers for creating my scene which is the next step :)
 
Step 3
 Creating a scene

 
Creating a scene with your image is really simple but so much fun. I started by pencilling in some little grass squiggles & some simple flower sprays. I went over my pencil marks with a permanent fineliner pen as this won't run when you colour over with your Flexmarkers.
The sky is a great technique to try! Cut a cloud shape from card & then using small light circlular motions colour around your template with a light blue Flexmarker. I used 'Auqamarine'.

 
Remove the template & rub over the colour you have just put down with the wedge end of your Promarker Blender pen. This softens the edges & creates a fluffy cloud effect. Use the same technique to go around your figure too to 'place' her in the scene. 
 
Step 4
Sentiment 

I mounted my scene onto more Kraft cardstock & added my sentiment at 'jaunty' angles again down one side.
 
Step 5
Embellishments

 
I used my die cutting machine to cut out some cute shapes to add around the edges & embellish my card. I also really liked the idea of recreating the birds nest on the girls head as an extra embellishment too! Keep reading to see how you can get this little embellishment for yourself :)
 
Step 6
The Finishing Touch
These flowers are so sweet & with the Jute Twine arranged in a bow they do create the perfect finishing touch.
 
Here is the finished card with some pretty Tulips :)
 

As promised here are some little freebies to help you recreate this sweet card yourself. Just right click on the image below & save to you computer!
 
The Birds Nest
 

 
 Happy Easter sentiment
 
 
 
 
I really hope you've enjoyed this project & I'd love to see your comments if you do stop by!
Happy Easter to you all & enjoy the rest of the Blog Party!
xXx
 

7 comments:

  1. Great card Hun loving the tutorial and the cute extra nest will be definitely saving that ASAP

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma so glad you liked it. :) x

      Delete
  2. Too darn cute!! I love the fence and chick, it's the perfect touch! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rachel it means a lot! I love your cards, they're fab so really do appreciate your support! :) x

      Delete
  3. Adorable card, super colouring and details.
    Thank you so much for the freebies :).

    Hugs, Mette xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mette, so glad you like them. Thanks for stopping by :) x

      Delete
  4. so stunning jo.your scene is really pretty and i love your gorgeous image and colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...