Sunday, 21 April 2013

Pretty Mary Janes

Hi everyone. I hope you're having a great weekend! I am loving having a day with nothing else to do but craft & check out my favourite blogs.
While I'm here I thought I would share this card with you. I made her a couple of weeks ago but just haven't had chance to share.
 
 
I've used the lovely Mary Janes image from my most recent collection and she is great fun to colour, I love her!

 
I was inspired by a recent Papercraft Inspirations Magazine project which used some lovely colours & layers as well as some stitching. Unfortunately I'm not great at the stitching thing & also have a distinct lack of patience but I do love how cards look with that detail. As a compromise I decided to have a go at some paper piercing instead & I loooove how it looks. I've basically been piercing everything ever since haha!

The designs in the project used a lot of flower embellishments too & I was really pleased with this final arrangement. This is always the most fiddly bit for me. I spend literally hours faffing with them until I get them just right :)
 

 
To add some balance I stamped a Lilly Of The Valley ticket stamp onto some Kraft card. using some stamp edged scissors I cut the card to look like a ticket stub, added a double tied hemp bow & a cute polka dot button.
 
Finally I decorated the inside in corresponding papers & embellishments. This paper is the LOTV Perfect Pairs paper pad which is just gorgeous. The corner dies are my new most favourite thing & are Whimsy Stamps as is the Heart Tag you can see peeping out behind my image.
 
So that's it for now.
 
I hope you like her & I'd love to see your comments.
 
xXx

3 comments:

  1. so stunning jo..really gorgeous image and i love your colours and pretty details :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable!! I love that image, and the kraft paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like her too. My goodness, such attention to detail. Perfection. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...